Search Costa Rica Villas
We have traveled quite a bit but this was one of our best vacations ever. The house was amazing and it was just like how it was described in the website. The kitchen had all the amenities that we needed. We all loved the infinity pool and of course that amazing view of the Pacific Ocean. Seeing Whale's Tail from the house provoked our need to go see it in person. It took us a time or two to find it but when we did it was worth the time. We saw toucan's everyday flying around the area of the house and even a couple very up close by the pool. We did not see any howler monkeys but we did hear them. We had a varying range of ages and interests in our group of seven but we all found many things that we wanted to do and accomplished them. I would strongly suggest the waterfall tour, it was amazing but the water was freezing but definelty worth it. I am recovering from back surgery and did not want to risk the horse ride but they offered a pick up ride instead. That worked out great for all of us, it had padded benches in the bed so it was comfortable. This tour comes with breakfast and lunch, both of the meals were really good. For the price it was a real deal. Of course some of our group did the zip line through the rain forest and they all came back with many stories. Everyone enjoyed that but they did say if you are afraid of heights it may not be for you. We loved all the mom & pop restaurants along the road sides, we never had a bad meal. We did go into Dominical one evening and had tapas at Confusione Tapas Restaurant, it was wonderful. We all agreed when we return to this amazing area and property we need to plan a two week vacation, one week was not enough. Neil was great with arranging all the tours we wanted and helping us navigate the area. He even helped to arrange a wedding for us at the house. We have the most wonderful pictures from the wedding. The ceremony was held under the tiki hut and our bouquets were made by a local woman from flowers and greenery on the property. This definelty will not be a trip any one of us will ever forget. Thanks so much to Jerry, Theresa and Neil for a perfect vacation.
Property: Casa Las Terrazas
Date of Stay: Feb 18 2012[read more]
View Costa Rica Villa Availability
Thinking of booking one of our holiday villas in Costa Rica? Make sure your ideal rental property is free for your selected dates by consulting our easy to use availability calendars below. Orange indicates that the villa is booked and blue that the villa is available.
Vacation Villas in the the Southern Pacific area of Costa Rica
YouGetHere features a fine collection of luxurious vacation rentals in one of Costa Rica’s most unique beachside destinations. All of these privately-owned properties maintain the highest standards of maintenance and have been strategically designed for outdoor living in a tropical paradise.
Many of these villas are located in the southern Pacific coastal town of Dominical; this includes the foothills and mountains of surrounding communities Escaleras, Dominicalito and Lagunas. We also have villas a little further south down the coastal highway, in Uvita, a quaint beach town made famous for large humpback whale migrations along its rocky coast. With ample restaurants, grocery stores, pharmacies and some of the finest, most pristine beaches in the southern zone – including the world famous Whale’s Tail reefs – Uvita is a perfect complement to the laid-back surf scene of Dominical.
Most of these vacation homes are less than a 10-minute drive from the ocean, and all feature immaculate views ripped right out of the pages of the world’s top travel magazines!
• Dominical is a tranquil beach community with great waves for surfing, souvenir shops off the sand and lots of friendly locals. There are no high-rise buildings here, just sandal-wearing tourists and locals sipping cold coconut water while enjoying the serenity.
• This truly is a jungle by the sea. The ocean water is warm, and the beaches are lush with palm trees and majestic driftwood. Several hundred yards from the sand, just across the coast highway, the terrain turns mountainous and the cloud forests slowly begins to build skyward.
• Monkeys, sloths, toucans, parrots, iguanas, lizards and frogs are all part of the local community. We welcome them with open arms, and they visit quite often.
• Anything is possible here. You can fly through the sky on a zip line or parasail. You can rappel waterfalls or raft down rivers. You can learn to hang 10 on a surfboard or go snorkeling with neon-colored coral fish. If you want to try an adventure of a lifetime, we can make it happen.
• There are many outstanding hiking trails, hidden waterfalls, mangroves and bird-viewing sites just waiting to be explored. Ballena National Marine Park, Manuel Antonio National Park and Nauyaca Waterfall are all nearby. Pack your outdoor gear and bring a camera.
• Now, more than ever, the area is ripe with restaurants, coffee shop and bars. There are choices for every type of diet, from vegetarian and vegan options to carne asada burritos and Buffalo wings. Of course, barbecuing some fresh-caught fish at the villa isn’t a bad idea, either.
• You’ll have access to high-speed Wi-Fi, cash at various ATMs and banks, and can shop for local and international products at any of the nearby supermarkets. There are farmers’ markets in Dominical and Uvita each week that supply organic produce and sweet treats.
How It Works
1. Enter your arrival date and the number of nights you’ll be staying.
2. Enter the number of adults, children and infants.
3. Click the “search” button.
4. All available villas for your dates of stay will be displayed.
5. Select your ideal villa and review it by clicking “property details.”
6. Click the “Enquiry” tab on the top right corner of the villa’s page.
7. Fill out the necessary information and our management team will respond promptly.
Dominical is only 125 miles (201 kilometers) from the Juan Santamaria International Airport in San Jose. The scenic drive ventures along Costa Rica’s newly constructed Highway 27 as well as the coastal route, Highway 34.
You’ll navigate through wide-open valleys and over flowing rivers, passing small souvenir and fruit towns along the way. And when you arrive in Dominical and reach the doorstep of your villa, you’ll quickly see that this is a place that’s incredibly unique compared to the rest of the world.
Come to Dominical if you don’t want just a vacation its an experience you won’t forget.
You Get Here latest news and offers
We have some great new villas just become available with last minute reductions Villa Uvita has ......